The developer of DUSK, The Moon Sliver, and Squirrel Stapler has released Iron Lung. It is a short dread-driven submarine horror game that is very popular with everyone.
What are the main features of Iron Lung?
- First of all, minimalist gameplay in which your senses are hampered and anything could be lurking around you.
- Secondly, it allows you to view your surroundings through the lens of a grainy still camera and use an inadequate satellite map and proximity sensors to find your way around.
- Thirdly, the horror of this game focuses on creating a sense of dread and uneasiness.
- Besides, Aubrey Hodges' work served as inspiration for the original music (Doom 64)
- What's more, you will experience a quick adventure in under an hour.
How to play the Iron Lung?
This game is set exclusively within a tiny one-man submarine known as the "Iron Lung", you must blindly travel an ocean of blood to snap photographs of critical places while hoping to avoid being discovered by whatever lurks underneath.
The sub has only one porthole that must be closed due to depth pressure. Hence, you have to rely solely on an incomplete map, proximity sensors, sound, and a primitive external camera to take the pictures you need to complete your mission, or to get a grainy low-resolution visual of what's going on outside. In particular, resourcefulness and patience will be required for success.
History of Iron Lung
Every known star and habitable planet mysteriously vanished, along with everything. And decades ago, whoever happened to be on them, leaving behind an empty universe of asteroids and lifeless moons, with the only survivors being those who were aboard space stations or starships at the time. With supplies running out and infrastructure crumbling, the survivors have spent the years after scrambling for any remaining natural resources.
Then, on an otherwise barren moon, a bizarre aberration known as a Blood Ocean was discovered. It's not the first Blood Ocean discovered since the disappearance. But preliminary scans reveal a number of potentially valuable anomalous places in a deep undersea trench that need to be investigated further.
And you are the unfortunate sucker who gets to explore, in a rusty submarine cobbled together from space station pieces. You should uncover your way to the specified areas, photograph anything you find, and attempt to complete before the submarine collapses around you or before you're spotted by whatever lurks in the blood.
iron lung gameiron lung onlineiron lung freeiron lung pciron lung crack